Open to all students who are studying on a full-time (or equivalent) programme at Borders College
The Aspire Fund provides students with extra financial support to help develop a talent or grow skills and/or experience in an area of expertise and should relate to your course or career aspirations. These opportunities are wide ranging and may include:
- National or International representation in a Sport
- Building enterprise and business skills which may be linked to an enterprise challenge
- International placement or enhanced work experience outwith the Borders region
- Competitions within your sector/programme area e.g. World Skills, industry competitions
This support will help the development of an individual (or team) above and beyond that which is currently available within your programme of study.
The Aspire Fund is intended to provide a contribution towards the costs of:
- Travel to participate in events/competitions/programmes
- Additional resources such as kit/tools/equipment or facilities
- Mentoring support
Applications to the Aspire Fund will be considered by representatives from the Senior Leadership Team and Students’ Association throughout the academic year.
Submission dates for applications to the Aspire Fund will be as follows:
- 3 October 2019
- 7 November 2019
- 5 December 2019
- 16 January 2020
- 13 February 2020
- 19 March 2020
- 16 April 2020
- 14 May 202
If you would like to be considered for additional help from the Aspire Fund to support your talent or future development please download and complete the following information on the Word form and submit this at least 1 month prior to the event you wish to be supported with. Applications will not be considered for events that have already taken place prior to your submission.
Please submit completed form to the Student Advice Centre or the Students’ Association Office at Borders College Scottish Borders Campus, Nether Road, Galashiels, TD1 3HE.