Modern Apprenticeships – invest in your future
Modern Apprenticeship schemes are at the heart of the UK and Scottish Government’s vision to provide individuals of all ages, abilities and backgrounds with the skills, knowledge and experience that employers are looking for.
Here at Borders College, we provide Modern Apprenticeships (MAs) in a number of areas, including Business Services, Child Health and Social Care, Construction and Engineering, Land and Animal Management and Service Industries, as well as Textiles and Boat Building.
Open to anyone aged 16 and over, MAs offer the chance for individuals to work in paid jobs while undertaking workplace training to gain enhanced skills and recognised Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQ).
Modern Apprenticeships are work-based training opportunities for new or existing employees; supporting Scotland’s ambition to secure a trained, productive and enthusiastic workforce for the future.
Thousands of young people are already participating in MAs and the benefits to apprentices and employers are excellent.
Benefits for apprentices include:
- Develop job-specific skills crucial to a chosen industry
- Earn while you learn
- Gain vital exposure in a workplace environment
- Gain the opportunity to work alongside and learn from experienced staff
- Get a fast track route into a professional career
- Gain a credible, accredited industry related qualification
- Improve your career prospects and earning potential
- Become highly employable!
Benefits for employers include:
- Secure the best new and fresh talent
- Gain the right skills to meet your business needs
- Support existing employees to develop skills and knowledge relevant to their job
- Boost motivation and morale across teams
- Improve performance and productivity
- Bring in new perspectives and ideas into the workplace
- Future-proof your business by having employees with the skills you need now and for the future
For more information on MAs at Borders College, click here.
Published: Tue 11th Aug, 2020