Flexible Workforce Development Fund
FLEXIBLE WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT FUND (FWDF) 2020/21
The Scottish Government, supported by Colleges Scotland have just launched the latest round (fourth) of FWDF for 2020/2021.
The allocation to Borders College is £187,000 and application forms are now available.
Are you a Scotland-based employer who pays the Apprenticeship Levy? Then this funding stream may give you access to up to £15,000 towards employees’ training and development through Borders College.
Applications are approved and allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. So be quick, once the funding pot allocated to each regional college is used up, you will have to go on a waiting list!
The key policy drivers for the FWDF remain unchanged and are:
- To support the needs of levy-payers in Scotland.
- To support employer workforce development in line with the aims of the Scottish Government’s Labour Market Strategy (particularly in the areas of up-skilling/re-skilling Scotland’s existing workforce) and consistent with the ambitions to raise productivity.
- To ensure the Fund further strengthens college engagement with levy-payers.
The FWDF is available to all levy-paying employers in Scotland across the private, public and third sectors. Eligible employers can use the FWDF to address priority skills gaps in their organisation by accessing up to £15,000 in funding to create tailored training programmes with their local college.
The Fund is flexible
Apprenticeship Levy paying employers in Scotland have the flexibility to choose the training they need.
- Employers can use the Fund to address priority skills gaps.
- Access training in high-quality learning environments available in Scotland’s colleges.
- Engage and motivate existing employees by offering them high quality training to bring the greatest benefits to your organisation.
All training must be contractually committed by the end of July 2021, and training must have commenced prior to the end of August 2021 and has to have been completed and fully delivered by 31 March 2022.
A Flexible Workforce Development fund application form is available from Borders College from today. Borders College, through their Business Development Unit, is looking forward to working with employers to meet their needs both locally and nationally, prioritize provision that meets known skills gaps in the economy and support the drive for inclusive, sustainable growth.
Contact should be made to Susan Rennie – Email email@example.com – or by calling 07971672475.